GLOBAL: New beverages - November
A look at this month's new beverage products includes the Cocaine controversy in the US, a newly-sized water targeting men in the UK and a Brazilian octagonally-packaged water.
In the US, Redux Beverages' Cocaine Energy Drink is marketed as giving the user a legal high, creating a euphoric feeling within five minutes of drinking it, followed by an energy buzz that lasts for up to six hours. According to company literature, the drink contains 280 milligrams of caffeine, making it 350% stronger than its rival Red Bull. The company has refused to divulge what the main ingredient is that provides the energy high, saying that this is confidential information.
Princes Soft Drinks has presented its water brand, Aqua-Pura, in a larger one-litre sized bottle in the UK. The new size is aimed at attracting men to the brand, who are said to desire a larger-sized bottled water when they are exercising. Aqua-Pura, which sponsors the UK athletics team, claims to be the leading big bottled water brand in the UK.
Lindoyana de Aguas Minerais has also introduced its mineral water brand in a new style of packaging. The Acqua Mineral Water, launched in Brazil, is presented in a Tetra Prisma pack, consisting of an octagonal-shaped carton - claimed to be the first water brand to be sold in this format.
Meanwhile, Danone has developed a different way of promoting its new variety of Danup Yogurt Drink in Spain. The Edicion Limitada variant of the low fat drink does not advertise its flavour on the packaging; instead, the consumer is invited to guess the flavour in an online contest, the winner of which will receive a trip for six people.
German company Karlsberg Brauerei has combined beer with fruit juice and functional extracts in its home market. Its Acti-Fit Bier-Frucht-Mischgetrank brand combines beer and fruit juices with Echinacea, green tea and vitamin C, and is also said to be high in vitamins E, B6, B1 and B12. The beer is available in pharmacies.
Vodochnaya Artel Yat has launched a new brand of vodka in Russia which is available in some unusual flavours, including rye, horseradish and garlic. The vodka is presented in a glass bottle which has a handle.
In the wake of a scandal in Australia and New Zealand where GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) was fined for misrepresenting the Vitamin C level of its Ribena brand, Graham Neale, general manager at Nutritional He...
The expanding functional soft drinks market will continue to offer opportunities for smaller companies but, writes Helen Lewis, the growth potential has attracted major drinks corporations who are exp...
Energy drink producer Who's Your Daddy has added Tony Seery, formerly San Diego area trade development manager for the Hansen Beverage Company, to its sales team....
Hansen Natural Corporation has received an additional Nasdaq Staff Determination letter, stating it was not in compliance with the filing requirements for continued listing under Nasdaq regulations....
Del Monte Foods is branching into the energy drink sector in the US....
Redux Beverages has chosen an ironic new name for its controversially-titled energy drink....
Group Danone has started legal proceedings against one of its joint venture partners in China....
Redux Beverages, LLC, the makers of the controversial Cocaine Energy Drink, announced today that they have agreed temporarily to cease distribution of the Cocaine Energy Drink until the legality of us...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research