New Belgium Brewing appoints former Diageo marketing VP
Ruairi Twomey will assume his new role on 14 March
Colorado-based New Belgium Brewing has appointed Ruairi Twomey to the role of VP of marketing.
Twomey previously held the same position for Diageo Guinness USA. He will assume the position on 14 March.
A spokesperson for the brewer told just-drinks that Twomey indirectly replaces Josh Holmstrom, former director of branding and brand strategies. Holmstrom left to pursue his own entrepreneurial endeavors in healthy foods. The VP position builds on Holmstrom's former role, but at a higher strategic level, the company said.
According to New Belgium Brewing, this appointment is the most recent in a series of new leadership roles, as the company prepares to open its second brewery in Asheville, North Carolina.
Twomey will also be a part of the company's executive leadership team.
In January, New Belgium Brewing released a tangerine-flavoured IPA called Citradelic Tangerine IPA.
What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
A-B InBev’s acquisition of SABMiller is not a surprise and the culmination of over a decade and half of M&A activity by brewers....read more
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends