US: New allegations threaten LeNature's sale
Giant Eagle's purchase of the LeNature's plant in Latrobe could be aborted due to allegations that the grocery chain threatened another bidder.
O'Hara-based Giant Eagle, which recently bid US$20m to acquire LeNature's facility, allegedly threatened to pull Cadbury Schweppes products if it did not withdraw its US$19m bid.
According to reports, if Giant Eagle's acquisition bid should unravel, Cadbury Schweppes has agreed to complete a deal to buy the plant by the end of August.
Giant Eagle said that it planned to create 50 full-time jobs at the site, which, once fully restored, would operate under the name Chestnut Ridge Beverage Company. The facility was set to produce Giant Eagle corporate brand bottled waters, RTD teas and other beverages.
Growing consumer interest in the health-enhancing properties of exotic fruits has proved a significant boon for the soft drinks industry. Most of these superfruits end up in juice form, writes Shane S...
As consumers look for healthier alternatives to traditional soft drinks choices, ready-to-drink (RTD) tea has become an increasingly dynamic category. Jeanette Bengtsson of Euromonitor International r...
Shares in Cadbury Schweppes fell by more than 5% this morning (19 February) despite the UK firm reporting its strongest revenue growth for a decade....
Cadbury Schweppes has appointed a former Coors board member as the chairman of its US soft drinks unit....
Thomas Kemper Soda Co. has restructured its team by appointing two new regional managers and promoting two members of staff as part of its expansion in the US....
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB) has secured a "multi-year" fountain beverage sales agreement with Carl's Jr. and Hardee's restaurants in the US....
Anheuser-Busch is rolling out its Budweiser & Clamato Chelada and Bud Light & Clamato Chelada pre-mixed products nationwide, on the back of successful test-marketing in Arizona, Colorado and Nebraska....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research