AUSTRALIA: Neverfail readies for Amatil success
Neverfail chairman Geoff Tomlinson conceded that he expected Coca-Cola Amatil to win voting control by gaining the required 50.1% of shares in a A$2.35 a share offer.
Neverfail's board has so far urged its shareholders not to accept the offer from Amatil, which is the second offer to be rejected. The first was at A$2.25. Amatil said yesterday that it would not sweeten its offer again unless a rival bidder appeared - a scenario that is looking less and less likely, despite efforts by Neverfail to court international suitors such as Danone and Nestle.
"Have I got a commitment from anyone [a rival bidder]? The answer is clearly no," Tomlinson said. "Obviously as each day goes by, the chances of a commitment become less."
"I do expect Coca-Cola Amatil will end up getting more than 50.1% but less than 89.9%. I think that will be a sensational result for all shareholders," Tomlinson said. He added that he believed Amatil would make a good majority shareholder because of the company's expertise, good corporate governance standards and quality people.
Tomlison's quotes were made as news broke that Perpetual Investments said that at this point it would be selling it remaining 5% stake in the company.
Nestle Waters has finally reached an agreement with the CGT trade union over restructuring plans for its Perrier bottling plant....
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. ...
France's Groupe Danone said on Friday that it had finally reached an agreement with The Coca-Cola Company to amend their existing deal regarding the distribution of retail bottled water products in No...
Nestle Waters is to launch a range of sugar free water drinks under its Vittel water brand in time for summer....
French food giant Danone is willing to buy the 44% it doesn't already own in its Spanish subsidiary for €1.8bn, Spanish newspaper Cinco Dias has reported....
Groupe Danone is keen to follow other global food and drink companies into Russia's bottled water and beverage market, according to local reports....
A poor start to the year in France is expected to hit Groupe Danone through to the middle of 2005....
UK bottled water sales rose 0.5% to 2.08bn litres in 2004, translating into GBP1.2bn of retail value, according to figures released yesterday (31 March)....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Stock Spirits, Distell add UK to partnership
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts