AUSTRALIA: Neverfail board approves CCA offer
CCA now has an 85% acceptance rate for its A$2.35 per share takeover offer for Neverfail.
In a statement Neverfail said: "The directors have determined to withdraw their recommendation that Neverfail shareholders not accept the CCA offer and to instead recommend that Neverfail shareholders accept the CCA offer."
However, it also said that while deputy chairman John Fox had withdrawn his opposition to the bid he was not able to make any further recommendation in relation to the takeover bid.
Neverfail continued: "This may be too short a period of time for the benefits of Coca Cola Amatil control to be realised, and thus the remaining minority shareholders may not have sufficient time to participate in these benefits."
The company also warned shareholders that if Coca Cola Amatil did not acquire a 90% interest in Neverfail through the offer, which would trigger a compulsory acquisition of the remaining shares, the liquidity of shares could be adversely affected.
Coca-Cola Amatil produced decent first-half results but speculation that it may sell some of its international operations and its determination to look beyond the core soft drinks sectors for growth i...
Coca-Cola Amatil said yesterday (10 August) that it has agreed to purchase the business and assets of the Grinders Coffee Group (Grinders)....
Following a review of its operations, Coca-Cola Amatil has announced its intention to restructure its Asian business activities through the creation of an Asian Beverage Division (CCA Asia)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has seen its net profits increase 16.8% to A$145.2m in its first half, driven in part by growth of non-carbs and innovation, the company said today (10 August)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is poised to shake up its Indonesian and South Korean bottling operations, according to an investment bank....
Coca-Cola Amatil is to issue a five-year A$250m (US$192m) domestic debt issue....
SPC Ardmona has signed an agreement with parent company Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) to supply it with apple juice....
The managing director of Coca-Cola Amatil's (CCA) South Korean unit has taken extended leave, according to press reports....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research