EGYPT: Net profit falls at Al Ahram
Egyptian drinks company, Al Ahram Beverages Company (ABC), reported net profit of E£92.2 million (US$20m) for 2001, against E£112.9m (US$24.3m) in 2001, a drop of 18% and at the lower end of analysts' forecasts. Turnover at the company rose by 21% from E£350m to E£425m. The company attributed the drop in profits to the decline in tourism in the region, caused by the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and latterly by the September 11 attacks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends