US: Nestle Waters weighs up legal options in Michigan
Nestle Waters North America is considering its legal options in a Michigan case examining the company's rights to use water supplies in a similar way to all other water users across the state.
Nestle Waters won a court ruling in Michigan last December but plaintiffs have asked for permission to appeal to the State Supreme Court. The ruling granted continued use of water by Nestle Waters' Stanwood-based Ice Mountain bottling facility.
Nestle Water said the ruling upheld key aspects of Michigan's historic water use law balancing the equal rights of all water users - including agriculture, manufacturing, domestic, recreation and food and beverage production, among others - to make fair and reasonable use of water resources.
"While we believe the appropriate determinations have been made on most of the key legal issues of this case, Nestle Waters is assessing the legal options available," said Nestle Waters attorney Michael Haines.
While the overall market for tea in the UK has declined by some 12% over the past five years, iced tea consumption is on the rise. Annette Sessions reports on the potential for iced tea in the UK and ...
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Nestle SA chairman and CEO Peter Brabeck said he plans to give up his executive role in the next few years, according to reports....
Nestle Waters North America received mixed news from the Michigan Court of Appeals yesterday, over a legal case concerning its use of water at its Stanwood-based Ice Mountain bottling facility....
Nestle USA today said that Brad Alford has been named chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Nestle USA effective January 1, 2006. Alford will succeed Joe Weller, who is retiring after 37 years...
Swiss multinational Nestlé has reported a robust set of figures for the first nine months of 2005 with organic sales up 5.8%....
Nestle Waters Direct Portugal is to by the Portuguese office delivery water company Peyroteo & Caravela, it was reported this week....
Nestle Waters is to bottle its Contrex and Vittel water brands at the same plant in France, according to local press reports....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report