FRANCE: Nestle Waters to up job cuts 40% -report
Nestlé Waters has made a significant upward revision to the number of job cuts it is planning to implement by 2007, a report in French business newspaper, Les Echos, claims.
In November last year, the company confirmed a programme of shedding almost 750 staff by 2007 through an early retirement scheme, which would target workers in the 57+ age bracket.
However, the company is now eyeing as many as 1,047 job cuts over the next three years or so out of a total workforce of almost 4,200 staff.
No one was immediately available to comment on the report at Nestle Waters France whose main brands are Vittel, Contrex and Perrier.
The plants hardest hit by the cutbacks will be Vittel (378 job losses), Source Perrier à Vergèze (356) and Contrexéville (282). The company's HQ at Issy-les-Moulineaux, in the Paris suburbs will shed 28 staff while three jobs will go at the plant in Quézac.
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Nestle Waters Direct Portugal is to by the Portuguese office delivery water company Peyroteo & Caravela, it was reported this week....
Nestle Waters is to bottle its Contrex and Vittel water brands at the same plant in France, according to local press reports....
Nestea, the tea brand developed jointly by Coca-Cola and Nestle, has announced that it is to introduce Nestea Ice, already available in the Asia-Pacific region, in the US....
Nestle Waters has bought a majority stake in a new joint venture in Algeria....
Nestle Waters Spain has inaugurated a new water plant in Herrera del Duque near Badajoz, western Spain, a company spokesman has confirmed to just-drinks....
Nestle Waters has finally reached an agreement with the CGT trade union over restructuring plans for its Perrier bottling plant....
Nestle Waters is to launch a range of sugar free water drinks under its Vittel water brand in time for summer....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report