FRANCE: Nestle Waters to sell water cooler business
Eden Springs to take Perrier producer's water cooler unit
Nestle Waters is in talks with Eden Springs to sell its French water cooler business, Nestle Waters Direct France.
Both firms have signed a letter of intent on the prospective deal, Eden Springs' Israel-based parent firm, Mayanot Eden, said yesterday (22 July).
If a deal is agreed, Eden would acquire Nestle Waters Direct France and its 36,000 business customers across the country.
Eden did not disclose any possible price tag, but said the move would increase its existing customer base in France by more than 50%.
The firm, which is one of the leading water cooler suppliers to businesses in Europe, said that it was completing due diligence on the Nestle Waters unit.
US group Owens-Illinois has signed a "conditional agreement" with the Verrerie du Languedoc (VdL) to acquire its bottling plant in Southern France, which bottles Nestlé's Perrier and San Pellegrino wa...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends