US: Nestle Waters to buy New York water site - report
Nestle Waters is set to buy a water production facility in the US, according to local reports. The US unit of the water company is thought to be around two months away from acquiring Blu Springs Farm in Oswego County in New York, reports claimed late last week.
Local newspaper The Post Standard cited Kent Koptiuch, natural resource manager for Nestle Waters North America as saying that the unit will spend the next year to 18 months testing water springs at the site for composition, quality, quantity and taste.
Nestle Waters is scouting for land with springs around New York, with a view to developing sources to match growing demand, the paper noted. Koptiuch was cited as confirming that the company is looking at facilities in the east and south of the state.
No-one was available to confirm or clarify the report at Nestle Waters when contacted by juts-drinks today (20 August).
Earlier this year, the unit introduced an environmentally-friendly bottle in the US that weighs 15% less than those currently on the market. The new PET bottle is now being sold under the Ozarka and Arrowhead brands in the US.
The wine world - whether consumers or producers - is often characterised as traditional and conservative. But environmental concerns, rising transport and raw material costs and the need to cater for ...
Calypso has announced plans to launch a tropical juice addition to its soft drinks range to celebrate this year's Fairtrade Fortnight in the UK....
The Coca-Cola Co. has declared a long term goal to recycle or reuse all of the aluminium beverage cans that it sells in the US....
Thomas Kemper Soda Co. has restructured its team by appointing two new regional managers and promoting two members of staff as part of its expansion in the US....
Nestlé has lined up a change of leadership for its Sources Minerales Henniez unit....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
PET Engineering has collaborated with US-based Constar International to design and produce full-sized PET wine bottles....
UK tap water has come up near the top in a blind taste test, according to local reports....
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018