FRANCE: Nestle Waters receives “expressions of interest” in regional brands
Nestle Waters is mulling the sale of three regional water brands in France
Nestlé Waters has received “expressions of interest” in the three French regional mineral water brands that make up its Société Française des Eaux Régionales (SFER) unit.
The company is considering a possible sale as part of a strategy re-focus in France on its national and international brands.
"Each of the three bottling plants operated by Carola, Plancoët and Saint-Lambert is the subject of a separate inquiry and audits have been requested," a company spokesman told just-drinks earlier today (1 May).
"Nestlé Waters has not made any decision whatsoever on how it intends to proceed in the event of the potential candidates confirming their interest in the coming months."
Negotiations with the UK's Nova Capital Management, which had begun last year, were on stand-by, he revealed.
As SPI Group looks to weather a boycott of Stolichnaya in the US, Chris Mercer considers what steps a drinks company should take if - or when - a crisis hits....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research