FRANCE: Nestle Waters receives “expressions of interest” in regional brands
Nestle Waters is mulling the sale of three regional water brands in France
Nestlé Waters has received “expressions of interest” in the three French regional mineral water brands that make up its Société Française des Eaux Régionales (SFER) unit.
The company is considering a possible sale as part of a strategy re-focus in France on its national and international brands.
"Each of the three bottling plants operated by Carola, Plancoët and Saint-Lambert is the subject of a separate inquiry and audits have been requested," a company spokesman told just-drinks earlier today (1 May).
"Nestlé Waters has not made any decision whatsoever on how it intends to proceed in the event of the potential candidates confirming their interest in the coming months."
Negotiations with the UK's Nova Capital Management, which had begun last year, were on stand-by, he revealed.
As SPI Group looks to weather a boycott of Stolichnaya in the US, Chris Mercer considers what steps a drinks company should take if - or when - a crisis hits....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends