FRANCE: Nestle Waters receives “expressions of interest” in regional brands
Nestle Waters is mulling the sale of three regional water brands in France
Nestlé Waters has received “expressions of interest” in the three French regional mineral water brands that make up its Société Française des Eaux Régionales (SFER) unit.
The company is considering a possible sale as part of a strategy re-focus in France on its national and international brands.
"Each of the three bottling plants operated by Carola, Plancoët and Saint-Lambert is the subject of a separate inquiry and audits have been requested," a company spokesman told just-drinks earlier today (1 May).
"Nestlé Waters has not made any decision whatsoever on how it intends to proceed in the event of the potential candidates confirming their interest in the coming months."
Negotiations with the UK's Nova Capital Management, which had begun last year, were on stand-by, he revealed.
As SPI Group looks to weather a boycott of Stolichnaya in the US, Chris Mercer considers what steps a drinks company should take if - or when - a crisis hits....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report