US: Nestle Waters North America introduces eco-bottles
Nestle Waters North America has introduced an environmentally-friendly bottle that weighs 15% less than those currently on the market.
Speaking to just-drinks today (18 April), a spokesperson for the company said: "The eco-bottle has been designed using 30% less plastic than other brands."
Nestle Waters chief executive Kim Jeffery added: "The 12.5-gram bottle, which took two years to create, will help save 65m lbs of plastic resin a year. Other bottles on the market can weigh 25 grams or more. The company has one more, lighter version planned before it reaches its limit in making bottles lighter. As the leader in the bottled water category, we also want to be the leader in reducing our environmental footprint."
The new PET bottle is now being sold under the Ozarka and Arrowhead brands and will be phased in under other brands in the region throughout this year.
The growth of still soft drinks, such as juices and functional waters, presents manufacturers with a problem, as they are more susceptible to spoilage than traditional carbonated drinks. However, thei...
Baltika Breweries has launched a new beer to its Kupecheskoye brand....
Nestlé Waters has signed a deal to acquire bottled water company Sources Minérales Henniez in Switzerland....
Brau Union has turned its Gasteiner mineral water unit into a joint venture....
Nestle has confirmed that it has significantly invested in the expansion of its Nescafe and Nespresso production facilities in west Switzerland....
Wolf Blass is trumpeting its plastic bottle offering in the UK in the run-up to Christmas....
The trade group for PET packaging has reassured consumers that PET bottles are safe....
Coca-Cola North America has introduced Pomegranate Blueberry flavour to its Minute Maid Enhanced Juices line in the US....
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020