UK: Nestle Waters invests in facility for lightweight bottling
Buxton will be one of the brands to be lightweighted by Nestle Waters
The UK arm of Nestle Waters is to invest GBP35m (US$54.8m) in the construction of a facility to produce lightweight bottles for its Buxton and Nestle Pure Life mineral waters in the country.
The bottling and warehousing plant, based in Buxton, Derbyshire, will produce what Nestle Waters claims to be “the lightest weight water bottles produced in the UK”. The factory is set to open in the spring and will make bottles containing around 25% less PET plastic across all still formats, the firm said today (22 November).
The lightweight bottles will launch across Buxton Natural Mineral Water 25cl, 50cl, 75cl and 1-litre formats, and Nestlé Pure Life 33cl and 50cl formats.
The environmental credentials will appear on updated packaging for both brands, which will include a new shape bottle.
"This significant investment clearly demonstrates our commitment to ensuring the category remains relevant for our customers and consumers," said Nestle Waters UK's country manager, Paolo Sangiorgi.
Last month, Nestle Waters recorded an 11.8% drop in nine-month group sales, hurt by competition in its North America division.
At last week's Consumer Analyst Group of Europe conference, Danone faced up to the challenges its bottled water division faces in Western Europe. Richard Corbett concurs and sympathises. But, Richard ...
The Coca-Cola Co has spent the last 20 years diversifying its portfolio. Where once the rest of the stable cowered in Coke's shadow, more of the company's brands are now grabbing the spotlight and del...
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research