US: Nestle Waters “disappointed” by Eureka fine
Nestlé Waters North America said it is “disappointed” by the court decision
Nestlé Waters North America has said it is “disappointed” by a court’s decision that found the firm in breach of an agreement with Oklahoma-based bottler Eureka Water.
Nestle is understood to have been ordered to pay the bottled water firm US$14.2m after a US court found it had failed to award Eureka royalties and discounted pricing on the Ozarka bottled water brand, as agreed between the two firms.
Eureka Water Co filed the suit against Nestle Waters North America in 2007.
A spokesperson for Nestle Waters told just-drinks today (20 August): “We were disappointed by the jury's decision and have not made any further decisions about our legal position. There remain a few outstanding decisions to be made by the judge and for that reason we are not commenting further.”
The Supreme Court in India has asked the country's Government to remove persons linked to food and soft drinks companies from panels that enforce safety and standards on edible products, according to ...
The Chilean drinks giant part-owned by Heineken, Compania Cervecerias Unidas, has recorded a drop in full-year profits following the sale of its stake in Aguas CCU Nestle....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends