FRANCE: Nestle Waters acquires 33% stake in Saphir
Nestle Waters has taken a 33% stake in French company, Saphir, which specialises in the office delivery of water in large formats.
Saphir, which owns the Opalia brand, posted a 2001 turnover of around €10m.
The company has 17 warehouses across France and is ranked fourth in the French Home & Office Delivery (HOD) market.
The past 12 months has already seen Nestlé Waters strengthen its position in the HOD market in France with the acquisition of RB Diffusion and Aquacool.
Nestlé Waters will now be able to distribute water coolers over the whole of France, from a network of 25 warehouses.
The company said the HOD distribution channel currently represents only a small share of the overall bottled water market in France - some 160m litres compared to the global market of 7 billion litres. However HOD shows the most dynamic annual growth, at around 25%.
While the overall market for tea in the UK has declined by some 12% over the past five years, iced tea consumption is on the rise. Annette Sessions reports on the potential for iced tea in the UK and ...
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Groupe Danone has decided to sell off its entire stake in its US home and office water delivery business DS Waters....
Danone, currently believed to be a takeover target of PepsiCo, reported a fall in first half net income to €347m from €547m, as the company booked a provision of around €200m from negotiations to sell...
Nestle Waters is to bottle its Contrex and Vittel water brands at the same plant in France, according to local press reports....
Nestea, the tea brand developed jointly by Coca-Cola and Nestle, has announced that it is to introduce Nestea Ice, already available in the Asia-Pacific region, in the US....
Nestle Waters has bought a majority stake in a new joint venture in Algeria....
Nestle Waters Spain has inaugurated a new water plant in Herrera del Duque near Badajoz, western Spain, a company spokesman has confirmed to just-drinks....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015