INDIA: Nestle to trump Tata in Himalayas? – report
Nestle Waters is looking to buy an Indian water brand, according to local reports.
The Economic Times claims today (16 April) that Nestle will bid on Himalayan Water, despite Indian conglomerate The Tata Group being poised to buy a major stake in the brand's manufacturer. Tata is set to buy a stake in Mount Everest Mineral Water for INR2bn (US$47.9m), the paper claims.
Following the expiry of Tata's non-disclosure pact with Himalayan's promoters on 31 March, the Indian water company is now able to commence negotiations with other suitors, the paper noted.
When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for Nestle Waters declined to comment on the reports.
Nestlé Waters has signed a deal to acquire bottled water company Sources Minérales Henniez in Switzerland....
Nestle has confirmed that it has significantly invested in the expansion of its Nescafe and Nespresso production facilities in west Switzerland....
Nestlé said today (20 September) it wants to appoint the head of its Americas business as CEO....
Nestlé is looking to enter the Chinese water market....
Arrowhead has redesigned its half litre bottle using 30% less plastic than the average half litre plastic beverage container in an effort to maintain an eco-friendly company....
Nestle Waters is set to buy a water production facility in the US, according to local reports....
Crown Imports has appointed a new vice president of marketing....
The CEO of Nestle Purina Europe will take over the running of Nestle Waters, following the retirement of it's current CEO....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Boston Beer Co outlines Samuel Adams innovation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends