FRANCE: Nestle still pondering Perrier’s future
Nestle has said that it has received several offers for Perrier and it has not ruled out a sale. The company's chief executive has warned that a sale is still an option if trade unions continue to block Nestle's efforts to improve productivity.
Speaking at a press conference following the company's 2004 results, Peter Braebeck said: "We are willing to continue investing in Perrier … but there will be nothing unless there is backing from unions for increasing productivity. The option of selling Perrier is still on the table."
Nestle's CEO, Frits van Dijk, said that Nestle has received offers for the beleaguered water unit, but has not held discussions yet. "This file (of potential buyers) is already being studied" in case there is no breakthrough with the unions, Van Dijk said.
While the overall market for tea in the UK has declined by some 12% over the past five years, iced tea consumption is on the rise. Annette Sessions reports on the potential for iced tea in the UK and ...
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Swiss multinational Nestlé has reported a robust set of figures for the first nine months of 2005 with organic sales up 5.8%....
Nestle Waters Direct Portugal is to by the Portuguese office delivery water company Peyroteo & Caravela, it was reported this week....
Nestle Waters is to bottle its Contrex and Vittel water brands at the same plant in France, according to local press reports....
Nestea, the tea brand developed jointly by Coca-Cola and Nestle, has announced that it is to introduce Nestea Ice, already available in the Asia-Pacific region, in the US....
Nestle Waters has bought a majority stake in a new joint venture in Algeria....
Nestle Waters Spain has inaugurated a new water plant in Herrera del Duque near Badajoz, western Spain, a company spokesman has confirmed to just-drinks....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research