SPAIN: Nestle starts water plant in Badajoz
Nestle Waters Spain has inaugurated a new water plant in Herrera del Duque near Badajoz, western Spain, a company spokesman has confirmed to just-drinks.
Nestle has invested €16m to build the 9,000 square-metre factory, which will produce 150m litres of water per year.
Nestle said the facility is one of its "most innovative and modern" production plants in Europe.
The factory will help the Spanish unit of the Swiss food giant boost bottled-water production and achieve its aim of increasing 2005 sales by 28% to €79m.
Nestle said it will continue to expand its Aquarel brand in Spain's fast-growing water market. Aquarel's sales totalled €22m last year, making it the firm's key earner.
Nestle Waters Spain produced 334m bottles last year, giving the company a 10% market share in Spain.
Nestle USA today said that Brad Alford has been named chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Nestle USA effective January 1, 2006. Alford will succeed Joe Weller, who is retiring after 37 years...
Swiss multinational Nestlé has reported a robust set of figures for the first nine months of 2005 with organic sales up 5.8%....
Nestle Waters Direct Portugal is to by the Portuguese office delivery water company Peyroteo & Caravela, it was reported this week....
Nestle Waters is to bottle its Contrex and Vittel water brands at the same plant in France, according to local press reports....
Nestle Waters has bought a majority stake in a new joint venture in Algeria....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
Nestle Waters has finally reached an agreement with the CGT trade union over restructuring plans for its Perrier bottling plant....
Nestle Waters is to launch a range of sugar free water drinks under its Vittel water brand in time for summer....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends