UK: Nestle silent on Boosted Smoothies issues
Nestle has remained silent on rumours its joint venture brand Boosted Smoothies is struggling.
Boosted Smoothies was launched by Nestle and Boost Juice Bars back in April, but a report in Marketing Week this week suggested the product was struggling to gain supermarket listings.
Nestle UK declined to comment to just-drinks today (29 August) on speculation that the smoothie range, which includes mango, berry dairy-free, strawberry and tropical, had failed to meet sales expectations.
Boosted Smoothies was launched by Nestle's new 'wellness' business division, set up last year. Together, Nestle and Boost Juice Bars hope the product can take share away from rival firm Innocent.
Boost Juice Bars was unavailable for comment at the time of publication.
Ethical consumerism has brought heightened pressure on soft drinks companies with regard to the environmental and social impacts of sourcing, manufacturing and distributing their products. But, Annett...
Nestle and The Coca-Cola Co have agreed to pay US$650,000 in damages and relabel their Enviga green tea drink, following a complaint against the functional beverage by 26 state attourneys general....
See the top stories published on just-drinks this week....
Nestle cut investment in its under-performing bottled water business by more than a quarter last year and is looking to shave off more costs in 2009....
Falling bottled water sales in 2008 provided the blip in Nestle's sales and profit rise for its full-year....
UK smoothie group Innocent Drinks has launched in Finland, as part of its strategy to expand in Scandinavia....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Nestle HealthCare Nutrition has launched a nutrition drink in the US, targeted at children in the country....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India