US: Nestle signs plant purchase agreement
Nestle Waters North America said on Friday that it had signed a purchase agreement for the acquisition of the former Cal Cedar lumber mill site in a deal that solidifies plans to build a new spring water bottling facility in McCloud.
According to a new economic impact report, the project will create as many as 300 direct and indirect jobs and provide approximately US$25.5m in local income within a six-year period.
"These developments show the level of our commitment to the community and that Nestle Waters is excited about this investment in the future of McCloud," said Dave Palais, natural resource manager for Arrowhead Mountain Spring Water, a division of Nestle Waters North America (Nestle Waters). "These tangible milestones mark the first steps toward realizing the Nestle Waters project in McCloud."
The Cal Cedar lumber mill, owned by California Cedar Properties Company, located on Mill Road sits on approximately 250 acres.
Nestle Waters is slated to begin construction as early as 2005 for an opening in 2006, once the environmental review and all permitting processes are completed.
"We now look forward to completing the permitting and beginning the construction portion of the project. The community will now see a much higher level of activity as work begins in and around the project site," concluded Palais.
While the overall market for tea in the UK has declined by some 12% over the past five years, iced tea consumption is on the rise. Annette Sessions reports on the potential for iced tea in the UK and ...
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Swiss multinational Nestlé has reported a robust set of figures for the first nine months of 2005 with organic sales up 5.8%....
Nestle Waters Direct Portugal is to by the Portuguese office delivery water company Peyroteo & Caravela, it was reported this week....
Nestle Waters is to bottle its Contrex and Vittel water brands at the same plant in France, according to local press reports....
Nestea, the tea brand developed jointly by Coca-Cola and Nestle, has announced that it is to introduce Nestea Ice, already available in the Asia-Pacific region, in the US....
Nestle Waters has bought a majority stake in a new joint venture in Algeria....
Nestle Waters Spain has inaugurated a new water plant in Herrera del Duque near Badajoz, western Spain, a company spokesman has confirmed to just-drinks....
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends