US: Nestle offloads Juicy Juice to Brynwood Partners
Brynwood Partners has bought Juicy Juice for an undisclosed fee
The US division of Nestle has divested its Juicy Juice brand to private equity firm Brynwood Partners.
The two companies announced earlier today (2 July) that the juice brand and business will move to Brynwood's Harvest Hill Beverage Co unit. Specific terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Henk Hartong, Brynwood's senior managing partner, said: “By further leveraging the brand's nutritional and wellness attributes, we plan to continue providing … high quality, great tasting products in innovative packaging formats.”
Harvest Hill, which has been set up as a result of today's announcement, will be based in Stamford, Connecticut.
Since forming 30 years ago, Brynwood has acquired 41 corporate brands, predominantly in the food sector, from 15 different sellers.
One of the more recent additions to the Juicy Juice portfolio was Fruitfuls, a reduced sugar variant launched almost two years ago.
The second part of this year's Sustainability in Soft Drinks management briefing looks at the comparison between recycling rates in the US and Europe, and examines the voluntary actions companies are ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Global Milk industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptions of ...
Stevia is a plant-derived extract (called Stevia rebaudiana), which is natural and calorie free, used as a sugar substitute in food, beverages, and other applications. The plant is primarily found in ...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends