SWITZ: Nestle names new CEO
Nestlé said today (20 September) it wants to appoint the head of its Americas business as CEO.
The board of the Swiss food giant has nominated Paul Bulcke to replace Peter Brabeck-Letmathe as chief executive.
Under the plans, Bulcke will take the job on 10 April next year, while Brabeck-Letmathe will continue as a non-executive chairman. Bulcke's successor will be unveiled on 18 October.
Brabeck-Letmathe said the Nestlé board had chosen "a strong and pragmatic business leader" to replace him. "Paul Bulcke has a proven performance record both in developing as well as in industrialized markets in Latin America and in Europe."
There had been wide speculation that Nestlé CFO Paul Polman would take the CEO job but the company opted to choose an executive who contributed to turning the Americas into its most profitable market.
Among the more notable drinks releases around the world recently are a bottled water with an oxygen inhaler and a pomegranate addition to the 7Up stable, according to recent research....
Grupo Modelo has posted a slight lift in full-year net profit, as rising commodity costs made their presence felt....
US trade body the American Beverage Association spent just under US$685,000 on lobbying in the US last year, according to a recent filing....
Thomas Kemper Soda Co. has restructured its team by appointing two new regional managers and promoting two members of staff as part of its expansion in the US....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends