SWITZ: Nestle names new CEO
Nestlé said today (20 September) it wants to appoint the head of its Americas business as CEO.
The board of the Swiss food giant has nominated Paul Bulcke to replace Peter Brabeck-Letmathe as chief executive.
Under the plans, Bulcke will take the job on 10 April next year, while Brabeck-Letmathe will continue as a non-executive chairman. Bulcke's successor will be unveiled on 18 October.
Brabeck-Letmathe said the Nestlé board had chosen "a strong and pragmatic business leader" to replace him. "Paul Bulcke has a proven performance record both in developing as well as in industrialized markets in Latin America and in Europe."
There had been wide speculation that Nestlé CFO Paul Polman would take the CEO job but the company opted to choose an executive who contributed to turning the Americas into its most profitable market.
Among the more notable drinks releases around the world recently are a bottled water with an oxygen inhaler and a pomegranate addition to the 7Up stable, according to recent research....
Grupo Modelo has posted a slight lift in full-year net profit, as rising commodity costs made their presence felt....
US trade body the American Beverage Association spent just under US$685,000 on lobbying in the US last year, according to a recent filing....
Thomas Kemper Soda Co. has restructured its team by appointing two new regional managers and promoting two members of staff as part of its expansion in the US....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review