RUSSIA: Nestle in talks to buy juice firm Progress - report
An announcement on Nestle's purchase of Progress is expected in the next few weeks
Nestle is reportedly interested in buying Russian juice and baby food producer Progress.
According to Kommersant, the Swiss bottled water producer is in talks with Progress over the purchase. An announcement is expected to be made in the next two weeks, according to the paper's sources.
When contacted by just-drinks's sister site just-food, however, Nestle Russia said it would not comment on what it labelled "market rumours". Nevertheless, Credit Suisse analyst Victoria Petrova said the acquisition would make sense for Nestle.
Progress, a subsidiary of Progress Capital, produces concentrates, fruit and vegetable juices, and nectars.
The Coca-Cola Co has spent the last 20 years diversifying its portfolio. Where once the rest of the stable cowered in Coke's shadow, more of the company's brands are now grabbing the spotlight and del...
PepsiCo has fired its expected salvo of job cuts and investment promises, but confidence cannot be rebuilt in a day....
PepsiCo is set to launch a NASCAR-themed television advert in the US for its Diet Mountain Dew brand....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future