FRANCE: Nestle finally reaches Perrier deal
Nestle Waters has finally reached an agreement with the CGT trade union over restructuring plans for its Perrier bottling plant. The union agreed to proposed changes yesterday (2 May) after 18 months of disagreement with Nestle.
The Paris-based company said today that the union has finally agreed to the programme for its plant in Vergeze, France. Two other unions, CFDT and CGC, which are in the majority at Nestle's Contrex and Vittel water bottling sites, had already approved restructuring proposals that will combine the two plants into the world's leading bottling site.
"Now the CGT union has accepted to ratify the reorganisation plan," a Nestle Waters spokesman said.
Around 356 of Vergeze's 1,975 employees will subsequently leave the company between now and 2007 under an early retirement scheme, the spokesman said.
At one point in the last year and a half, Nestle had threatened to sell the Perrier site if the CGT did not agree to the restructuring proposals.
While the overall market for tea in the UK has declined by some 12% over the past five years, iced tea consumption is on the rise. Annette Sessions reports on the potential for iced tea in the UK and ...
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Mineral water brand Vittel Natural Mineral Water has announced that it is to be the official water supplier for Nike RunLondon 2005, the UK's biggest single running event....
Nestle Waters Direct Portugal is to by the Portuguese office delivery water company Peyroteo & Caravela, it was reported this week....
Nestle Waters is to bottle its Contrex and Vittel water brands at the same plant in France, according to local press reports....
Nestea, the tea brand developed jointly by Coca-Cola and Nestle, has announced that it is to introduce Nestea Ice, already available in the Asia-Pacific region, in the US....
Nestle Waters has bought a majority stake in a new joint venture in Algeria....
Nestle Waters Spain has inaugurated a new water plant in Herrera del Duque near Badajoz, western Spain, a company spokesman has confirmed to just-drinks....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends