SWITZ: Nestle confirms Vaud canton investment
Nestle has confirmed that it has significantly invested in the expansion of its Nescafe and Nespresso production facilities in west Switzerland.
Speaking to just-drinks today (27 September), a spokesperson for the Swiss food and drinks group confirmed it has invested CHF700m (US$598m) in the canton of Vaud over the last three years.
The company, which employs 8,000 people in Switzerland alone, said that 6,000 of those work in the French-speaking region of Vaud, and that the expansion has created 1,600 new jobs in the area.
The spokesperson added: "We happen to be headquartered in the same canton, which is part of the reason for the expansion in this area alone. It is a very good place to invest, because there is a highly qualified and motivated workforce here and the infrastructure is good. Besides, it's the centre of Europe."
Among the more notable drinks releases around the world recently are a bottled water with an oxygen inhaler and a pomegranate addition to the 7Up stable, according to recent research....
Grupo Modelo has posted a slight lift in full-year net profit, as rising commodity costs made their presence felt....
US trade body the American Beverage Association spent just under US$685,000 on lobbying in the US last year, according to a recent filing....
Thomas Kemper Soda Co. has restructured its team by appointing two new regional managers and promoting two members of staff as part of its expansion in the US....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages