INDONESIA: Nestle builds US$200m facility
Nestle has begun construction on a US$200m factory in West Java, Indonesia.
The factory in Karawang is set to produce Milo chocolate malt drinks, Dancow milk powder, and Cerelac infant cereals. Nestle said today (14 September) that the factory will "strengthen its leadership in emerging markets".
Production is expected to commence in early 2013.
"Our decision to invest $200m in Karawang is consistent with the growth in demand and our confidence in the rapidly developing economy of Indonesia," said Nestlé Indonesia's president director, Arshad Chaudhry.
"We are very optimistic about the growth opportunities in Indonesia," he added. "It has a large, progressive population and the economic environment is very conducive for growth."
The Karawang factory is Nestle's fourth factory in Indonesia and is expected to create more than 600 jobs.
In the second part of just-drinks' review of 2011, Michelle Russell looks at how the soft drinks category has fared in the last 12 months....
The Coca-Cola Co has spent the last 20 years diversifying its portfolio. Where once the rest of the stable cowered in Coke's shadow, more of the company's brands are now grabbing the spotlight and del...
Nestle Waters has seen its full-year net sales drop by almost one tenth, despite strong growth in emerging markets....
A business "ambassador" will promote UK food and drink exports overseas under plans launched drawn up by industry and Government....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research