FRANCE: Nestle bins restructuring plans
Nestle Waters France has had to shelve plans for industrial re-organisation due to opposition from the majority labour union, the CGT.
Nestle hoped to shed 1,047 jobs by 2007 using an early retirement package.
"After nine months of negotiations, the management of Nestlé Waters France deeply regrets that it must definitively terminate the proposed GPEC/CATS plan aimed at allowing the company to continue to develop and to contend with increasing competition," the company said.
"Accordingly, none of the agreements, which had been signed by the CFDT and the CFE/CGC labour unions on 23 July 2004, may enter into effect. Therefore, the early retirement of 1,047 employees (corresponding to around 860 positions) and the planned 276 new hires may not take place.
"The decision to object was made by the CGT with the full knowledge of the consequences of its act on the company, on its sites and on all of its employees. Other approaches will have to be considered for the future of the company, its brands and its sites, and will be announced in September 2004," it added.
While the overall market for tea in the UK has declined by some 12% over the past five years, iced tea consumption is on the rise. Annette Sessions reports on the potential for iced tea in the UK and ...
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Swiss multinational Nestlé has reported a robust set of figures for the first nine months of 2005 with organic sales up 5.8%....
Nestle Waters Direct Portugal is to by the Portuguese office delivery water company Peyroteo & Caravela, it was reported this week....
Nestle Waters is to bottle its Contrex and Vittel water brands at the same plant in France, according to local press reports....
Nestea, the tea brand developed jointly by Coca-Cola and Nestle, has announced that it is to introduce Nestea Ice, already available in the Asia-Pacific region, in the US....
Nestle Waters has bought a majority stake in a new joint venture in Algeria....
Nestle Waters Spain has inaugurated a new water plant in Herrera del Duque near Badajoz, western Spain, a company spokesman has confirmed to just-drinks....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages