FRANCE: Nestle begins restructure without Perrier
Nestle Waters is to start an overhaul of its French water operations without Perrier. The company will focus on its Vittel and Contrex sites from tomorrow (1 April). Nestle Waters has been in a long-running dispute with a union at its Perrier plant in Vergeze.
While signing the accord for the cost cuts on Tuesday, Nestle Waters France also gave the CGT labour union at Vergeze more information on its plans to split its French operations into autonomous subsidiaries. The communist-linked CGT union has not yet given an opinion to Nestle on the proposed changes.
In a statement, Nestle Waters France said: "We can only deduce that the CGT is looking to deliberately sabotage the future of the business by taking hostage its tool of work and hence its workers."
Nestle's plans would introduce early retirement to its French sites. The plan could affect more than 1,000 workers at the various plants.
While the overall market for tea in the UK has declined by some 12% over the past five years, iced tea consumption is on the rise. Annette Sessions reports on the potential for iced tea in the UK and ...
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Mineral water brand Vittel Natural Mineral Water has announced that it is to be the official water supplier for Nike RunLondon 2005, the UK's biggest single running event....
Nestle Waters Direct Portugal is to by the Portuguese office delivery water company Peyroteo & Caravela, it was reported this week....
Nestle Waters is to bottle its Contrex and Vittel water brands at the same plant in France, according to local press reports....
Nestea, the tea brand developed jointly by Coca-Cola and Nestle, has announced that it is to introduce Nestea Ice, already available in the Asia-Pacific region, in the US....
Nestle Waters has bought a majority stake in a new joint venture in Algeria....
Nestle Waters Spain has inaugurated a new water plant in Herrera del Duque near Badajoz, western Spain, a company spokesman has confirmed to just-drinks....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018