US: Nestle acquires Sparkling Spring Mineral Water
The company said the acquisition offers considerable opportunities for synergies as it continues to strenthen its position as the leading player in the North American bottled water market.
The Sparkling Spring Mineral Water Co. of Vernon Hills, Illinois, was founded more than 100 years ago and was a family-owned concern. It generates around 85% of its sales through home and office delivery with the remaining 15% of the business coming from retail sales. The company employs 250 people and covers a tri-state area taking in southwestern Wisconsin, northeastern Illinois and northwestern Indiana. In 2001, the company achieved a turnover of $33m, representing a total volume of 86m litres.
The acquisition is in line with the strategic development of Nestle Waters' US division, formerly known as the Perrier Group of America. The company's growth has hinged on the development of 15 strong regional brands, each among the strongest in their respective markets, allied with a targeted acquisition programme. Nestle Waters North America is the clear market leader in the US bottled water market, with a share of 32.5% in 2001.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report