SPAIN/PORTUGAL: Nestlé Waters sells operations
Nestlé Waters has sold bottled water operations in Spain and Portugal as it looks to focus on a smaller number of key brands in Europe.
The company, the largest bottled water producer in Europe, has offloaded its Spanish Penaclara and its Portuguese Água Castello businesses to Spanish water group Mineraqua for an undisclosed sum.
A Nestlé Waters spokesman told just-drinks that the company wanted to focus on developing its other bottled water brands including Aquarel.
In the nine months to the end of September, Nestlé Waters enjoyed an 8% rise in nine-month revenues to CHF7.5bn (US$6bn).
Nestlé Waters, whose brands include Vittel and San_Pellegrino, has been busy expanding into emerging markets in the last six months. In August, Nestlé Waters announced the merger of its operations in Turkey with local bottled water group Erikli.
Coca-Cola's US$4.1bn acquisition of Glacéau gives the company a presence in the growing enhanced waters sector where, writes Annette Farr, the soft drinks giant will be competing not only with smaller...
Among the six GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) countries, Saudi Arabia is by far the largest soft drinks market, but the UAE and Qatar are forecast to show the most rapid growth over the coming five yea...
Nestlé Waters is launching Contrex, one of France's oldest natural mineral waters, across the UK. It is being marketed as a functional water aimed at weight and health-conscious women....
Nestlé Waters is to launch bottled water brand Vittel in China next month after securing a deal with one of the country's leading wine and spirits distributors.....
Nestlé Waters is looking to further grow its business in Italy after a successful year in the country in 2006....
Nestlé Waters will next month enter the diet soft drinks segment with the launch in France of a zero-calorie, fizzy, fruit-flavoured beverage named Frisson....
Nestlé Waters is looking to bolster its presence in the enhanced water category after a solid performance from its core business last year, its chairman and CEO said today (6 March)....
Philippines food and beverage group Universal Robina Corp. (URC) has revealed that it will pay around US$5m for Nestlé Waters' local bottled water business....
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends