SWITZ: Nestlé Waters nine-month sales stay stable as Europe recovers
- Nine-month sales up 1.7% to CHF5.7bn
- Double-digit growth in Latin America, Asia
- Europe performance improves
- Group sales up 4.4%
The unit saw a slight increase in nine-month sales
Nestlé's Waters unit has reported a slight rise in nine-month sales as its Latin America and Asia regions performed strongly, Europe improved and North America held steady.
Sales from the division in the nine months to the end of September rose by 1.7% to CHF5.7bn (US$6.25bn), the Swiss conglomerate said today (17 October). It follows a similar level of sales growth in the group's first-half.
In Latin America and Asia, the unit saw “double-digit” sales rises, while the Middle East achieved “healthy growth”, the company said.
On a conference call earlier today, Nestle Waters' CEO John Harris said the unit had seen a "slowdown" in North America in July, but a "very good" September, partly helped by the weather.
On the July performance, he added: "Private label really took the pricing down ... and we decided we were going to protect our margins, which is what we did. But, we are coming back."
Meanwhile, in Europe the company said its waters performance “improved” with “market share gains helped by promotional activity in difficult trading conditions”.
The group as a whole reported nine-month sales of CHF68.4bn, up 4.4% on the prior year.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd reports on the recent controversy surrounding the SodaStream Super Bowl advert in the US and asks, who really gained from its rejection by the media?...
Nestlé France SA aims to maintain its leading position in hot drinks. Over the forecast period the company’s main efforts will be focused on the development of coffee pod machines and the extension of...
The global consumer packaged coffee market has grown noticeably in recent years. It is forecast to grow further as demand for single serve solutions and premium products grows. This makes it attractiv...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research