SWITZ: Nestlé Waters nine-month sales stay stable as Europe recovers
- Nine-month sales up 1.7% to CHF5.7bn
- Double-digit growth in Latin America, Asia
- Europe performance improves
- Group sales up 4.4%
The unit saw a slight increase in nine-month sales
Nestlé's Waters unit has reported a slight rise in nine-month sales as its Latin America and Asia regions performed strongly, Europe improved and North America held steady.
Sales from the division in the nine months to the end of September rose by 1.7% to CHF5.7bn (US$6.25bn), the Swiss conglomerate said today (17 October). It follows a similar level of sales growth in the group's first-half.
In Latin America and Asia, the unit saw “double-digit” sales rises, while the Middle East achieved “healthy growth”, the company said.
On a conference call earlier today, Nestle Waters' CEO John Harris said the unit had seen a "slowdown" in North America in July, but a "very good" September, partly helped by the weather.
On the July performance, he added: "Private label really took the pricing down ... and we decided we were going to protect our margins, which is what we did. But, we are coming back."
Meanwhile, in Europe the company said its waters performance “improved” with “market share gains helped by promotional activity in difficult trading conditions”.
The group as a whole reported nine-month sales of CHF68.4bn, up 4.4% on the prior year.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd reports on the recent controversy surrounding the SodaStream Super Bowl advert in the US and asks, who really gained from its rejection by the media?...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020