SWITZ: Nestlé Waters nine-month sales stay stable as Europe recovers
- Nine-month sales up 1.7% to CHF5.7bn
- Double-digit growth in Latin America, Asia
- Europe performance improves
- Group sales up 4.4%
The unit saw a slight increase in nine-month sales
Nestlé's Waters unit has reported a slight rise in nine-month sales as its Latin America and Asia regions performed strongly, Europe improved and North America held steady.
Sales from the division in the nine months to the end of September rose by 1.7% to CHF5.7bn (US$6.25bn), the Swiss conglomerate said today (17 October). It follows a similar level of sales growth in the group's first-half.
In Latin America and Asia, the unit saw “double-digit” sales rises, while the Middle East achieved “healthy growth”, the company said.
On a conference call earlier today, Nestle Waters' CEO John Harris said the unit had seen a "slowdown" in North America in July, but a "very good" September, partly helped by the weather.
On the July performance, he added: "Private label really took the pricing down ... and we decided we were going to protect our margins, which is what we did. But, we are coming back."
Meanwhile, in Europe the company said its waters performance “improved” with “market share gains helped by promotional activity in difficult trading conditions”.
The group as a whole reported nine-month sales of CHF68.4bn, up 4.4% on the prior year.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd reports on the recent controversy surrounding the SodaStream Super Bowl advert in the US and asks, who really gained from its rejection by the media?...
Nestlé Waters North America is looking to strengthen its position as the leading US bottled water producer through an exclusive focus on promoting its portfolio of regional and national water brands, ...
Nestlé France SA aims to maintain its leading position in hot drinks. Over the forecast period the company’s main efforts will be focused on the development of coffee pod machines and the extension of...
Nestlé is the world leader in hot drinks through its key brands Nescafé, Nespresso, Nesquik and Milo. While in China, Nestlé also leads in hot drinks where its key brands Nescafé, Nesvita, Milo and Ne...
Nestlé is expected to strongly focus on building an ethical position in hot drinks over the forecast period. The company plans to increasingly source its supplies directly from farmers or according to...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018