SWITZ: Nestlé Waters lifts H1 sales but profits stay flat
- Waters unit organic sales up 2.2% to CHF3.7bn (US$4bn)
- Operating profits flat
- Operating profits margin flat
- Group Nestlé sales up 5.2%
Nestlé Waters found growth in emerging markets
Nestlé Waters has posted a rise in first-half sales but operating profits remained flat despite emerging market growth.
Organic sales increased by 2.2% to CHF3.7bn (US$4bn) in the six months to the end of June, the division, part of the Swiss conglomerate Nestlé, said yesterday (8 August). Operating profits remained unchanged over the same period, as did operating profit margins, at 10%.
The unit credited the sales rise to its operations in emerging markets, where sales grew by double digits.
Overall group half-year sales for Nestlé rose 5.2% to CHF45.2bn (US$49bn), while organic sales gained 4.1%. Nestlé CEO Paul Bulcke said: “Organic growth was somewhat muted, reflecting lower pricing by our markets, as we leveraged softer input costs to meet the expectations of today's more value conscious consumers.”
Nestlé, which also makes powdered and liquid beverages, said it has invested in a ready-to-drink beverage facility in Malaysia and a water factory in the UK.
To read the company's official statement, click here.
As we welcome in the New Year, we invite Euromonitor to cast its eye over what 2014 holds for the drinks industry. In the first part of this month's management briefing, the global market research and...
This month's management briefing takes a look at the last 12 months for the global drinks industry. In part one, Ben Cooper reviews the year in the bottled water category....
Ahead of the Oscars, due to be handed out in just over a month's time, Richard Corbett has some gongs of his own to hand out. In recognition of the best new soft drinks products in 2013, who will win ...
The number of new coffee pod products on the market continues to rise, but environmental concerns threaten to stymie growth. Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor surveys the situation....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends