SWISS: Nestlé Waters enjoys sales lift
Nestlé Waters enjoyed an 8% rise in nine-month revenues to CHF7.5bn (US$6bn), its parent company Nestlé said today (19 October).
Nestlé said its waters business had enjoyed "very good volume growth" that came mainly from North America, as well as emerging markets that delivered "double-digit growth". The division saw positive organic growth in Europe, Nestlé added.
Nestlé Waters, whose brands include Vittel and San Pellegrino, has been busy expanding into emerging markets in the last six months. In August, Nestlé Waters announced the merger of its operations in Turkey with local bottled water group Erikli.
In July, it emerged that the company was looking to build a plant to produce bottled water in Russia's Leningrad region.
Peter Brabeck-Letmathe, chairman and CEO of Nestlé said: "Our strong growth has continued into the third quarter of 2006. We are still facing volatile raw material and energy prices, but overall, I feel comfortable in reconfirming our reaching the upper end of our long-term organic growth target of between 5 and 6%."
Nestlé Waters is to launch bottled water brand Vittel in China next month after securing a deal with one of the country's leading wine and spirits distributors.....
Nestlé Waters is looking to further grow its business in Italy after a successful year in the country in 2006....
Nestlé Waters will next month enter the diet soft drinks segment with the launch in France of a zero-calorie, fizzy, fruit-flavoured beverage named Frisson....
Nestlé Waters is looking to bolster its presence in the enhanced water category after a solid performance from its core business last year, its chairman and CEO said today (6 March)....
Philippines food and beverage group Universal Robina Corp. (URC) has revealed that it will pay around US$5m for Nestlé Waters' local bottled water business....
Nestlé Waters has decided to quit production in the Philippines after its performance in the country failed to meet expectations....
Arrowhead Water has promoted its sales and marketing director to the roles of president and CEO....
Mexico's Grupo Modelo and French group Nestle Waters have sealed their joint venture for the Mexican bottled water market....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research