JAPAN: Nestlé to launch KitKat vegetable drink
Nestlé Japan is to launch a KitKat drink that combines vegetable and fruit juices with chocolate cream, named KitKat 'vegetables galore'.
Nestlé KitKat Jujitsu yasai will be released in Japan on 24 August and is a collaboration between Nestlé and drinks maker Itoen.
"This collaboration will enhance each brand equities," a Nestlé Japan spokesman told just-drinks today (21 August).
"KitKat, especially, can enhance its healthy image, which the Jujitsu yasai brand has in abundance."
Itoen's Jujitsu Yasai line was introduced in 1992 and has proved popular with consumers.
The companies claim a single pack of the KitKat drink contains the equivalent of the recommended daily intake of vegetables specified by the Japan's health ministry.
Nestlé Waters is to cut 250 jobs at its production plant for Vittel and Contrex mineral water brands in eastern France....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team