MEXICO: Nestlé signs bottled water deal with Modelo
The company said yesterday (29 November) that it holds a 15% market share in Mexico's modern trade, but will gain access to traditional distribution channels in the country through the deal.
The partnership with Modelo, which owns the Corona brand and is Mexico's leading beer producer, is designed to develop the company's existing bottled water business in the country, which includes Santa Maria, S Pellegrino, Perrier and Nestlé Pureza Vital brands.
Mexico is the world's second largest bottled water market with a yearly turnover of 15bn litres and average growth of 8% per year.
Grupo Modelo and Carlsberg have sealed a deal that will see the Mexican giant import and distribute the Danish brand in Mexico by the second half of the year....
Nestlé Waters is launching Contrex, one of France's oldest natural mineral waters, across the UK. It is being marketed as a functional water aimed at weight and health-conscious women....
Top executives at Anheuser-Busch were in bullish mood at the recent BUD Investor Conference held in St Louis, giving an optimistic outlook for the US brewing giant's future prospects, both in the US a...
Foster's and Carlsberg have secured a brewing tie-up in Australia....
Laurent Perrier has credited exports with helping turnover rise strongly in its full-year....
Crown Imports has launched its redesigned Corona Extra 12oz can in the US in an effort to stand out at retail during the summer months....
A strong export performance has contributed to a healthy climb in Q1 sales and profit at Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
Crown Imports has appointed a new director of business information to the group....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research