DUBAI: Nestlé opens Middle East facility
Nestlé Middle East has opened a multi-million dollar facility in Dubai for the manufacturing powdered milk and Pure Life bottled water.
The 1.78m sq ft facility will have a production capacity of more than 100,000 tonnes per year, the firm said today (30 March), and will be based at TechnoPark in Dubai.
Nestlé said there are plans to manufacture chocolates and wafers from the new expanded facility later this year. In addition, Nestlé Pure Life bottled water will also be produced and distributed from the facility from an unspecified date.
Yves Manghardt, chairman and CEO of Nestlé Middle East, said: “The production capacity of the new facility will be more than 100,000 tonnes per year. We have made enough provision to expand our operations to meet growing market demands for the next few years.”
He added: “We have invested more than US$400m in the Middle East over the years and the new multi-million dollar manufacturing facility in TechnoPark is another testimonial to our deep commitment in this region.”
With 17 factories and 37 offices in the region, Nestlé Middle East employs over 7,000 across its operations.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages