SWITZ: Nestlé hunts down China purchases
Nestlé is looking to up its presence in the Chinese water market.
Speaking to Reuters today (4 September), Donati said: ""Our strategy of mergers and acquisitions in future is to integrate our local activities in certain markets or to expand our geographic presence as, for instance, is the case in China, where we have a small base and are looking out for acquisitions."
Donati made the comments at the sidelines of a press conference unveiling Nestle's acquisition of a majority stake in Switzerland's Sources Minérales Henniez.
Nestle has bought a 61.66% stake in the water firm from the Rouge family for CHF155m (US$128.1m). Nestle will follow the purchase with a public offering of CHF5,303 per share for the remainder of the company.
A recent BBC TV documentary in the UK has re-opened the debate about the environmental costs of bottled water. Annette Farr believes the documentary was one-sided and irresponsible....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has lined up a second level of investment for its Champagne units....
The Laurent-Perrier Group has posted a slower lift in sales as the first nine months of its fiscal year have progressed....
Laurent-Perrier has lowered its full-year forecasts, due to sliding volumes in its third quarter....
The Spanish wine and brandy company Gonzalez Byass has announced the appointment of two new staff to its UK team....
Nestlé Waters has had its request to have the "Source Perrier" name dissociated from its original source in Les Bouillens, in Vergèze, rejected by a court in Nimes, which upheld a provisional ruling....
UK tap water has come up near the top in a blind taste test, according to local reports....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review