UK: Nescafe Ice launches £5.4m ad campaign and targets Ibiza ravers
Ibiza ravers are in for a treat this year. Renowned for its alcohol-fuelled debaunchery, the island's party animals will be offered a refreshing alternative - Nestle's new Nescafe Ice.Last week a £5.4m advertising campaign began in the UK aimed at enticing young drinkers to try the new chilled coffee. "We are targeting the 18-24 market and are launching a sampling promotional drive in Ibiza during July. It is being portrayed as a refreshing drink for the café-culture crowd," said a Nescafe spokeswoman.The US hit sitcom Friends, where the characters hang out at the coffee bar Central Perk, has been the major influence behind the café craze which Nescafe hopes to capture. US giant Starbucks has also started a billboard campaign in the UK for its popular Frappuccino, focusing on the chilled aspect of the drink for summer."Nescafe Ice was officially launched in April and is really starting to take-off. Iced coffee drinks are becoming very popular with young drinkers," said the spokeswoman.Elliot Lane
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages