UK: Nescafe Ice launches £5.4m ad campaign and targets Ibiza ravers
Ibiza ravers are in for a treat this year. Renowned for its alcohol-fuelled debaunchery, the island's party animals will be offered a refreshing alternative - Nestle's new Nescafe Ice.Last week a £5.4m advertising campaign began in the UK aimed at enticing young drinkers to try the new chilled coffee. "We are targeting the 18-24 market and are launching a sampling promotional drive in Ibiza during July. It is being portrayed as a refreshing drink for the café-culture crowd," said a Nescafe spokeswoman.The US hit sitcom Friends, where the characters hang out at the coffee bar Central Perk, has been the major influence behind the café craze which Nescafe hopes to capture. US giant Starbucks has also started a billboard campaign in the UK for its popular Frappuccino, focusing on the chilled aspect of the drink for summer."Nescafe Ice was officially launched in April and is really starting to take-off. Iced coffee drinks are becoming very popular with young drinkers," said the spokeswoman.Elliot Lane
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts