UKRAINE: Nemiroff to produce vodka in Belarus
Nemiroff begins production in Belarus with Minsk Kristall
Nemiroff has begun producing its namesake vodka in Belarus after signing a tie-up deal with state-owned Minsk Kristall.
Nemiroff said today (1 November) that Minsk Kristall, the largest alcohol producer in Belarus, began distilling Nemiroff vodka last month. The move follows a deal in late-2009 between Nemiroff and Kristall's parent group, state agency Belgospischeprom, which gave the Ukrainian firm clearance to produce its vodka in Belarus.
The move extends Nemiroff's production capacity and reach, helping it to build on annual volume sales growth of 5% since 2004.
Belarus has capped annual Nemiroff production in its territory at 10m litres. The firm sold 8.85m nine-litre cases globally in 2009. To begin with, only Nemiroff Classic will be produced in Belarus. The firm has also produced vodka in Russia since 2008.
In September, research group IWSR crowned Nemiroff as the world's top spirits brand.
The firm has been subject to sale speculation in 2010. Both Stock Spirits and Central European Distribution Corp have dropped out of talks to acquire Nemiroff, although reports have cited interest from Russian Standard.
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research