Need to know - Ten facts about Maxxium
2: The Edrington Group contributed its distribution activities in the UK, Jim Beam contributed its distribution activities in Australia and Rémy Cointreau contributed its global distribution network excluding the US.
3: Two years later, the V&S Group joined to become the fourth equal shareholder.
4: Maxxium operates in 35 countries arranged into 14 geographic areas - Benelux, Germany/Austria, Nordic, Central and Eastern Europe, Iberia, France, South Eastern Europe, UK/Ireland, Australia/New Zealand, South East Asia, North Asia, Greater China, Canada and a Global Travel Retail division.
5: Maxxium's portfolio consists of 11 core brands, including Absolut vodka, Jim Beam, Remy Martin and The Famous Grouse. The company also distributes partner brands such as: Grants, Glenfiddich, Jagermeister, Carolans, Freixenet, Drambuie, Masi, Louis Latour, E&J Gallo, Beringer Blass and Robert Mondavi.
6: The company has over 1,000 salespeople and 300 local marketing experts, employing in total over 2,000 people in more than 60 markets around the world.
7: In late-2006, Coca-Cola Amatil has secured a deal to sell and distribute Maxxium's spirits portfolio in Australia.
8: Rémy Cointreau is due to drop out of Maxxium in March next year. The departure, announced in late-2006, will cost the French drinks group around EUR240m (US$318m). Rémy is leaving to find other ways of selling its products in key markets like Asia.
10: In November last year, Maxxium posted record half-year results, with net sales in the first six months of its financial year reach EUR1bn (US$1.45bn), a rise of 7.4% compared to the same time last year.
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Magners Cider was a phenomenal, but seemingly short-lived, brand success story. As C&C Group seeks to recover from the boom and bust experience that befell its cider brand, it is looking to its spirit...
Russian Standard Vodka has signed a partnership deal with French distribution company Lixir....
Maxxium UK has added a new figure to The Famous Grouse television campaign....
Remy Cointreau is winding up the celebrations of Metaxa's 120th anniversary with the launch of a limited edition version of the Greek spirit....
Charles Heidsieck, distributed by Maxxium UK, has introduced a Vintage 2000 to its UK champagne collection....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The SPI Group has secured distribution of its Stolichnaya vodka brand in the UK and Greece....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages