US: NDC acquires Atlanta distributor
In an effort to continue to strengthen its fine wine portfolio, National Distributing Company (NDC) - the US's fourth largest beverage alcohol distributing company - has purchased 100% of the stock of Atlanta Wholesale Wine, a distributor of premium wines and liquors.
Financial details were not disclosed.
"This is a great acquisition for NDC," said Jay Davis, chairman and CEO of NDC. "Atlanta Wholesale represents more than 400 wineries and vineyards. This deal not only provides NDC with some new great brands, but also with some tremendous synergy opportunities for our current suppliers and our company."
"This acquisition really strengthens NDC's position as a fine wine distributor in Georgia," added John Carlos, vice chairman, of NDC. "NDC is committed to growing its fine wine portfolio and this acquisition will allow us to provide our customers with an unmatched selection of fine wine brands."
The deal is effective immediately.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review