UK: National Wine Survey Reveals Surprising Results
A national survey by one of the UK's leading wine Web site's Wine and Co (www.wineandco.com) has revealed some surprising results when it comes to us Brits and our drinking habits.
Southerners prove to be the stingiest when it comes to purchasing their favourite vino, one in five (20 per cent) of those in the Meridian region spend less than three pounds per bottle, according to the survey. West Country wine drinkers are the most likely to splash out, but still only 7 per cent are willing to spend over ten pounds per bottle.
The survey also revealed that those who like their wine least are in Scotland and the Central region, with a third of each population who do not buy wine at all.
Most fascinating however, is that more than one in ten of the over fifty fives nation wide drink more than fifteen bottles of wine each month. Who says the over fifties don't have any fun!
Commenting on the survey results, Vicky Prezeau, UK Manager of Wine and Co says: "We firmly believe that people are sometimes intimidated by the vast selection of wines available on the market today. Wine and Co aim to give them the confidence to choose knowledgeably by providing the best information from the comfort of your own arm chair."
All wines on the Wine and Co site have been rigorously screened to ensure their high quality. Whether you are spending £3.50 on every day drinking wine or are purchasing wine for investment you will find that every single bottle is of high quality and represents excellent value for money.
However, Wine and Co is much more than a place to find great wine. It is a complete wine environment with information, tips and features for all enthusiasts - whether you are looking for help in buying your first ever bottle of wine or are a seasoned connoisseur.
The site features:
- A vast range of wines - from everyday drinking wines for less than £3.50 to investment wines and en primeur
- Wide range of mixed cases to suit all occasions and budgets
- Monthly special offers
- Detailed tasting notes on all wines - so that you can become (or at least pretend to be!) an expert
- All wines hand picked to ensure high quality at sensible prices
- Learning zone for novices and connoisseurs alike
- Exclusive weekly magazine featuring celebrities from the world of wine and food
- Bespoke cellars created in just 48 hours
- Free returns policy
Wines are shipped typically in cases of 12 or more bottles, delivery is guaranteed within a maximum of seven days and selected wines are available for express delivery. All prices are carriage paid and inclusive of tax and VAT at the current rate.
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
The European Commission has opened a formal investigation into a planned €7.425m-subsidy package planned by the Dutch government into its country's malt sector. ...
The Swedish state-run alcohol retailer Systembolaget is to set up a subsidiary whose aim will be to cut alcohol consumption, the local press reported today (6 May)....
The UK brewer Young & Co.'s has proposed simplify its share structure, in a plan that is expected to provide greater liquidity in its voting shares....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends