UK: National Wine Survey Reveals Surprising Results
Are Southerners Really That Stingy When it Comes to Buying Wine?A national survey by one of the UK's leading wine Web site's Wine and Co ( www.wineandco.com ) has revealed some surprising results when it comes to us Brits and our drinking habits. Southerners prove to be the stingiest when it comes to purchasing their favourite vino, one in five (20 per cent) of those in the Meridian region spend less than three pounds per bottle, according to the survey. West Country wine drinkers are the most likely to splash out, but still only 7 per cent are willing to spend over ten pounds per bottle.The survey also revealed that those who like their wine least are in Scotland and the Central region, with a third of each population who do not buy wine at all.Most fascinating however, is that more than one in ten of the over fifty fives nation wide drink more than fifteen bottles of wine each month. Who says the over fifties don't have any fun!Commenting on the survey results, Vicky Prezeau, UK Manager of Wine and Co says: "We firmly believe that people are sometimes intimidated by the vast selection of wines available on the market today. Wine and Co aim to give them the confidence to choose knowledgeably by providing the best information from the comfort of your own arm chair." All wines on the Wine and Co site have been rigorously screened to ensure their high quality. Whether you are spending £3.50 on every day drinking wine or are purchasing wine for investment you will find that every single bottle is of high quality and represents excellent value for money.However, Wine and Co is much more than a place to find great wine. It is a complete wine environment with information, tips and features for all enthusiasts - whether you are looking for help in buying your first ever bottle of wine or are a seasoned connoisseur. The site features:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages