US: National Wine & Spirits profits up
US distributor National Wine & Spirits enjoyed rising sales and earnings last year, it reported yesterday (26 June).
It attributed the leap in earnings to a payment of US$8.3m it received after an unnamed supplier ended its distribution agreement with the company.
Revenues rose 30% to US$717.6m thanks to sales in Illinois after the acquisition of local wholesaler Johnson Brothers last year.
A closing date for Brown-Forman's acquisition of Tequila group Casa Herradura has been set....
Diageo has calmed press reports suggesting it is keen to expand its wine portfolio. The UK-based drinks giant said today (18 December) that reports suggesting that it will focus more specifically on t...
The Swedish government has confirmed that it is planning to sell off V&S Group, the owner of Absolut vodka. The centre-right government, which came to power in September, officially announced today (1...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has made its first foray into the Indian Made Foreign Liquor segment with the launch of a whisky brand called DYC. The US-based group is the latest multinational to enter th...
The chairman of Rémy Cointreau has insisted the French Champagne and spirits group is "not a takeover target"....
Private equity firm CCMP Capital has won the race for Independent Liquor, just-drinks understands....
Diageo has moved to bolster its presence in China with the acquisition of a minority stake in local spirits group Sichuan Chengdu Quanxing Group Co....
A consortium of former drinks industry heavyweights has approached local authorities in the Borders region of Scotland over plans to build a Scotch whisky distiller in the area....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future