USA: National Wine & Spirits, Inc. Reports Results for the Fiscal Year Ended
Indianapolis-based National Wine & Spirits, Inc. reported its financial results for the year ended March 31, 2000. Revenue for the year increased 13.1% to $625.8 million compared to $553.4 million in the prior year.The revenue gain reflects the continued shift by consumers to more premium brands, the addition of new suppliers and brands to the company portfolio, and price increases due to suppliers and the Illinois tax increase.Net income for the year increased to $5.9 million compared to $1.2 million. The Company achieved a 30.0% increase in EBITDA to $26.5 million compared to $20.4 million in the prior year.The Company sold its Cameron Springs bottled water operation to Great Spring Waters of America, Inc. (Perrier) in June, 2000, for $10.5 million in cash, which was in excess of net book value. Cameron had been an operating division of the Company since 1991 and is a leading supplier of bottled water in Indiana.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research