USA: National Wine & Spirits, Inc. Reports Results for the Fiscal Year Ended
Indianapolis-based National Wine & Spirits, Inc. reported its financial results for the year ended March 31, 2000. Revenue for the year increased 13.1% to $625.8 million compared to $553.4 million in the prior year.The revenue gain reflects the continued shift by consumers to more premium brands, the addition of new suppliers and brands to the company portfolio, and price increases due to suppliers and the Illinois tax increase.Net income for the year increased to $5.9 million compared to $1.2 million. The Company achieved a 30.0% increase in EBITDA to $26.5 million compared to $20.4 million in the prior year.The Company sold its Cameron Springs bottled water operation to Great Spring Waters of America, Inc. (Perrier) in June, 2000, for $10.5 million in cash, which was in excess of net book value. Cameron had been an operating division of the Company since 1991 and is a leading supplier of bottled water in Indiana.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- AB InBev raises SAB cash offer by GBP1 per share
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends