USA: National Wine & Spirits, Inc. Reports Results for the Fiscal Year Ended
Indianapolis-based National Wine & Spirits, Inc. reported its financial results for the year ended March 31, 2000. Revenue for the year increased 13.1% to $625.8 million compared to $553.4 million in the prior year.The revenue gain reflects the continued shift by consumers to more premium brands, the addition of new suppliers and brands to the company portfolio, and price increases due to suppliers and the Illinois tax increase.Net income for the year increased to $5.9 million compared to $1.2 million. The Company achieved a 30.0% increase in EBITDA to $26.5 million compared to $20.4 million in the prior year.The Company sold its Cameron Springs bottled water operation to Great Spring Waters of America, Inc. (Perrier) in June, 2000, for $10.5 million in cash, which was in excess of net book value. Cameron had been an operating division of the Company since 1991 and is a leading supplier of bottled water in Indiana.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014