USA: National Wine & Spirits, Inc. Reports Results for the Fiscal Year Ended
Indianapolis-based National Wine & Spirits, Inc. reported its financial results for the year ended March 31, 2000. Revenue for the year increased 13.1% to $625.8 million compared to $553.4 million in the prior year.The revenue gain reflects the continued shift by consumers to more premium brands, the addition of new suppliers and brands to the company portfolio, and price increases due to suppliers and the Illinois tax increase.Net income for the year increased to $5.9 million compared to $1.2 million. The Company achieved a 30.0% increase in EBITDA to $26.5 million compared to $20.4 million in the prior year.The Company sold its Cameron Springs bottled water operation to Great Spring Waters of America, Inc. (Perrier) in June, 2000, for $10.5 million in cash, which was in excess of net book value. Cameron had been an operating division of the Company since 1991 and is a leading supplier of bottled water in Indiana.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US