AUS: National presence boosts Gage Roads
Australian craft brewer Gage Roads Brewing Co. has posted soaring first-half sales on the back of growing distribution throughout the country.
Gage Roads, which has a distribution agreement with wine giant Hardy Wine Company, said today (9 February) that sales had quadrupled in the six months to 31 December. Sales reached A$1.2m (US$931,000), up 212% on the year. The company gave no first-half profit figures.
"The strategy of building a portfolio of premium craft brewed beers and distributing them throughout the national market is progressing well," said Gage Roads MD Peter Nolin.
Gage Roads has moved into contract brewing for third parties and yesterday announced a deal with fellow craft brewer Oz Brewing.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research