US: National Beverage posts Q2 gains
Florida-based soft drinks producer National Beverage Corp. has reported a 13% rise in net income for the second quarter to US$6.5m, on sales up 6% at $143.5m.
The company said yesterday (6 December) that the second-quarter results reflected its "determined focus" to maximise the performance of its higher-margin brands.
National Beverage also said that raw material costs, particularly aluminum and sweeteners, had stabilised during the second quarter after the volatility seen during the first three months.
National Beverage specialises in energy drinks and fortified powders, vitamin-enhanced juices and waters, and beverage supplements targeted at the health-conscious consumer. Its brands include Shasta, Faygo, Everfresh, LaCroix, Rip It and Rip It Chic.
Leading Brands has posted a slip in sales and a rise in net losses for its latest fiscal year....
Boo Koo Holdings has secured distribution in the southern US with Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated for its BooKoo Burner+ soft drink....
Danone has denied reports it is to scrap its V energy drink after reports this week that the beverage and food giant was axing it as a result of the product's flagging performance....
Danone is said to be axing its V energy drink as result of the product's flagging performance, Marketing Week reported....
Guru, the energy drinks maker, has added two flavours to its line, in new 335ml cans....
Hansen Natural Corporation has announced record sales and profits for the first quarter, thanks largely to its Monster Energy and Java Monster soft drinks brands....
Energy drinks company Boo Koo Holdings has announced a net loss of US$2.5m for the first quarter of 2008 - $1.3m higher than the same period last year....
The 2008 UK Soft Drinks Report, published today (28 April) by the British Soft Drinks Association (BSDA), records that the market dipped slightly in 2007, registering a 0.8% fall to 14.21bn litres....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates sees H1 sales, profits soar
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends