USA: National Beverage Corp. Given `OK' to Do Ritz
National Beverage Corp. (AMEX:FIZ) today announced it has received final regulatory approvals to purchase the carbonated beverage operations and certain assets of Beverage Canners International, Inc. ("BCI"), including the Ritz® and Crystal Bay(TM) brands and a multi-line beverage manufacturing facility located in Miami, Florida. The cash purchase will close early next week. "We intend to move quickly to integrate BCI into National Beverage's current operating structure," stated Nick A. Caporella, chairman and chief executive officer. "The potential of this acquisition through its direct-store-delivery system gives our high margin brands great exposure in a high consumption demographic... within a strong soft-drink climate," Caporella continued. "While our core beverage brands continue to outperform the typical carbonated soft-drink growth and our soon to be released first quarter results are reflective of that performance...we strongly believe that our financial strength and earnings potential are not fully recognized in the valuation of our market capitalization," concluded Caporella. National Beverage is a holding company for various operating subsidiaries that market, manufacture and distribute its full line of beverage products: Shasta®, Faygo® and Big Shot®, multi-flavored and cola soft drinks; Everfresh®, Home Juice® and Mr. Pure®, a full line of juice and juice-enriched products; LaCROIX® and ClearFruit®, flavored carbonated and spring water products; and specialty items, VooDoo Rain(TM) and St. Nick's(TM). The Company has 15 strategically located manufacturing facilities in the USA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US