USA: National Beverage Corp. Given `OK' to Do Ritz
National Beverage Corp. (AMEX:FIZ) today announced it has received final regulatory approvals to purchase the carbonated beverage operations and certain assets of Beverage Canners International, Inc. ("BCI"), including the Ritz® and Crystal Bay(TM) brands and a multi-line beverage manufacturing facility located in Miami, Florida. The cash purchase will close early next week. "We intend to move quickly to integrate BCI into National Beverage's current operating structure," stated Nick A. Caporella, chairman and chief executive officer. "The potential of this acquisition through its direct-store-delivery system gives our high margin brands great exposure in a high consumption demographic... within a strong soft-drink climate," Caporella continued. "While our core beverage brands continue to outperform the typical carbonated soft-drink growth and our soon to be released first quarter results are reflective of that performance...we strongly believe that our financial strength and earnings potential are not fully recognized in the valuation of our market capitalization," concluded Caporella. National Beverage is a holding company for various operating subsidiaries that market, manufacture and distribute its full line of beverage products: Shasta®, Faygo® and Big Shot®, multi-flavored and cola soft drinks; Everfresh®, Home Juice® and Mr. Pure®, a full line of juice and juice-enriched products; LaCROIX® and ClearFruit®, flavored carbonated and spring water products; and specialty items, VooDoo Rain(TM) and St. Nick's(TM). The Company has 15 strategically located manufacturing facilities in the USA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits