USA: National Beverage Corp. Given `OK' to Do Ritz
National Beverage Corp. (AMEX:FIZ) today announced it has received final regulatory approvals to purchase the carbonated beverage operations and certain assets of Beverage Canners International, Inc. ("BCI"), including the Ritz® and Crystal Bay(TM) brands and a multi-line beverage manufacturing facility located in Miami, Florida. The cash purchase will close early next week. "We intend to move quickly to integrate BCI into National Beverage's current operating structure," stated Nick A. Caporella, chairman and chief executive officer. "The potential of this acquisition through its direct-store-delivery system gives our high margin brands great exposure in a high consumption demographic... within a strong soft-drink climate," Caporella continued. "While our core beverage brands continue to outperform the typical carbonated soft-drink growth and our soon to be released first quarter results are reflective of that performance...we strongly believe that our financial strength and earnings potential are not fully recognized in the valuation of our market capitalization," concluded Caporella. National Beverage is a holding company for various operating subsidiaries that market, manufacture and distribute its full line of beverage products: Shasta®, Faygo® and Big Shot®, multi-flavored and cola soft drinks; Everfresh®, Home Juice® and Mr. Pure®, a full line of juice and juice-enriched products; LaCROIX® and ClearFruit®, flavored carbonated and spring water products; and specialty items, VooDoo Rain(TM) and St. Nick's(TM). The Company has 15 strategically located manufacturing facilities in the USA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends