US: National Beverage appoints to board
US soft drink company National Beverage Corp. has elected Stanley Sheridan to its board of directors.
Sheridan has previous business and beverage experience, including management positions at BASF, Kraft Foods and Arvin Industries, the company said yesterday (16 October).
He currently serves on the board of The Albrecht Companies, a health benefits firm in Michigan, and has also served on boards of various companies and charitable organisations.
"Stan is a true beverage guy - from recycling Eco-transformation to demographic brand evolution - his financial expertise and sound business judgment will complement our board," said Nick Caporella, chairman and CEO.
National Beverage brands include Shasta, Faygo, Everfresh, LaCroix and Rip It energy products.
The company last month posted a healthy lift in sales and profits for its first quarter. Net profits for the three months to the end of July came in at US$9.8m compared to $7.8m in the corresponding period a year earlier.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- Sapporo’s Sapporo Premium Black - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages