USA: National Beverage Announces Fiscal Year Results
National Beverage Corp. today announced earnings for its fiscal year ended April 29, 2000. Net income for the year ended April 29, 2000 was $13.6 million, or $.74 per share, on net sales of $426.3 million as compared to net income of $13.2 million, or $.71 per share, on revenues of $402.1 million for the prior year. For the fourth quarter ended April 29, 2000, net income was $4.0 million, or $.22 per share, on revenues of $107.9 million. This compares to net income of $3.8 million, or $.21 per share, on revenues of $104.6 million for the three months ended May 1, 1999. "We believe that a long period of 'holding' our position and trying to focus only on margin protection has come to a close with fiscal year 2000 ending," stated Nick A. Caporella, chairman and chief executive officer. "We are experiencing significant brand growth and continued strengthening of pricing that is generating optimism in all segments of the soft drink industry and this should result in re-energized volume with revenue growth for our Company. Our industry position and strong balance sheet will afford us the opportunity to challenge external growth possibilities while we continue to refine a strategic plan to be implemented during our fiscal 2001 designed to maximize shareholder potential," Caporella concluded. National Beverage is a holding company for various operating subsidiaries that market, manufacture and distribute its full line of beverage products: Shasta®, Faygo®, and Big Shot®, multi-flavored and cola soft drinks; Everfresh®, Home Juice® and Mr. Pure®, a full line of juice and juice-enriched products; LaCROIX® and ClearFruit®, flavored carbonated and spring water products; and our specialty items, VooDoo Rain(TM) and St. Nick's(TM). The Company has 15 strategically located manufacturing facilities in the USA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China