UK: Nastro Azzuro relaunch hits UK today
Peroni Nastro Azzurro is to undergo a revamp in the UK. The Italian lager begins the re-launch today (15 March) with the opening of Emporio Peroni, a boutique on Sloane Street in London.
"The shop will be so exclusive that no-one will be able to shop there - window shopping only will be permitted," a statement said.
The opening of the store is part of a global strategy to announce the re-launch of Peroni Nastro Azzurro. Birra Peroni has made over its Italian blonde, Nastro Azzurro with a new look including a longer neck and new label. The actual beer at 5.1% abv, will remain unchanged.
"Peroni Nastro Azzurro's commitment to producing a genuine product which is Italian in essence and of the utmost quality will also be reflected by the shops carefully chosen proximity to other stylish Italian brands," said Dario Paesano, export manager for Birra Peroni (UK). "This also highlights that Peroni Nastro Azzurro is not simply a beer brand but Italian style applied to beer."
Italian celebrities will join their UK counterparts at a party in Harvey Nichols after the opening later today. The launch of the new store will be supported by the release of a cinema advert for the brand.
Birra Peroni is majority-controlled by SABMiller.
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
Rumours that SABMiller is poised to launch a bid for Empresarial Bavaria swept the trading floor yesterday (2 June)....
The Indian subsidiary of SABMiller, MBL Investments (Mysore), has acquired the Shaw Wallace Group's 50% interest in the brewing operations of SABMiller's Indian joint-venture....
The German-owned investment house, Deutsche Bank, has upgraded shares in the UK-based international brewing group, SABMiller, from "hold" to "buy", and raised its target for the shares from 830p to 95...
The CEO of SABMiller has hailed the brewer's full-year figures as "very pleasing" today (19 May)....
SABMiller has seen its share rating upgraded....
Fresh rumours surrounding a possible bid for Scottish & Newcastle saw the brewer's share price rise sharply yesterday (18 May) morning....
SABMiller has agreed to acquire the Slovakian brewer Topvar. Topvar is located in the city of Topoľčany in Western Slovakia and sold 569,000 hectolitres of beer in 2004....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research